Sausage & Tomato Pasta Bake
- Cooked Linda McCartney Red Onion Sausages
- Cooked Dried Pasta
- Baby Plum Tomatoes
- Cheese (Healthy Extra, or 6 syns per portion – I made it in to three, using 90g)
What To Do –
- Fry onions and quartered tomatoes in frylight until mushy and brown-ish.
- Tear up sausages into meatball-size pieces and add to pan
- Add herbs/spices of choice – I used Ceviche
- Add to pan 1/2 a carton of passata and cook through
- Mix with pasta and place into oven dish
- Top with grated cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes
- 500g extra lean turkey mince
- 1 cup chopped peppers
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Italian Spices
- 1 tsp Chilli
- 1 tsp Garlic
What To Do
- Fry together the mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn with the chilli and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and spices.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook through.
- In a separate pan, fry the turkey til brown, add salt and pepper.
- Add the meat to the pan and stir in.
- Stir in the tomato puree til thickened and cook down.
This was so good, spicy and gooey. I guess ‘hearty’ is the appropriate word. This made 4-6 portions depending on how gutsy you are. I dished the leftovers into a new dish and covered with mash for a spicy ‘cottage pie’ style dinner for tomorrow.
Cost – Just under £3.00 for the lot.