Since restarting my dieting attempts I have not really tried very hard. I’ve been going through the motions if anything. I’ve made the effort on the outside but not on the inside.
Things I have done to make it look like I’m trying :
- Bought healthy food for the weekly shop
- Written in my food diary
- Gone to group each week
- Done some planning
- Filled in a Body Magic log
What I’m actually doing, and why I’m not getting the results it looks like I should :
- Snacking on junk at work
- Not writing said snacks down
- Over-synning and pretending I didn’t
- Exaggerating on my Body Magic
- Not sticking to my plan for the week
And what have I learned from this?
- The only person I am cheating is me
- My losses only really matter to me, no one else really cares
- I am doing myself out of bigger losses
- I need to be more determined
- And stricter, not with the diet but with accounting for my food and treats
At the end of the day, no one else REALLY cares if I lose or gain. They’re pleased when I lose, supportive when I gain but it doesn’t actually affect them past that point. I need to do this for me. I want skin removed, they won’t do it until I am 11 stone, So stick to plan and I will be 11 stone. I want to wear size 10 clothes, stick to plan and I will be.
So what exactly is it that makes me go off plan? I’m not hungry, SW is packed with things I can eat to my hearts content. Am I bored? What can I do at work to keep me busy? I don’t snack half as much at home, and really I do less there. Am I worried about what happens when I do get to that Magic Number? So I won’t hit it as soon as I’d like, but does that mean I’d rather not hit it at all?
I need a plan of action, not for the long haul – that’s too scary and big and far off. A plan for the next month? Week? Both!
Onward and downward.